Inspired Occasions is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and will treat all information held about you in accordance with this policy which is in line with current UK legislation. For these purposes Inspired Occasions is a ‘data controller’ meaning that we decide how and why the personal data that we collect is used.
- How we collect personal information.
- How we use the information which we collect.
- Your rights and how you can manage the use of your personal information.
- How you can contact us or make a complaint.
2. The Information We Collect
We only gather the personal information we need for business purposes in order to provide you with the services you have requested or to comply with our regulatory obligations. The personal information we typically collect includes:
- Your name and email address.
- Contact telephone numbers for you.
- Any additional information you provide within the contact form.
3. How We Use It
For the Provision of our Services
We use the information we gather to provide you with the services you have requested. Depending on which service you receive we may need to share your personal information with our subcontractors who are involved in the provision of our services. We need to process your personal information in this way to enter into and perform our obligations under the contract we have with you.
If our Business is sold
We will transfer your personal information to a third party:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, we will provide your personal information to the seller or buyer (but only to the extent we need to, and always in accordance with data protection legislation); or
- if Inspired Occasions or the majority of its assets are acquired by somebody else, in which case the personal information held by Inspired Occasions will be transferred to the buyer.
We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the relevant seller or buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
In some circumstances we may also need to share your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share it to comply with a legal obligation.
Inspired Occasions will only process your information if we have a business reason to do so. Generally, this occurs when you make a request of us, such as to find a property suitable for your needs. Where we need to manage your account information we will do so in compliance with the obligations placed on us by law.
We do not sell or share your personal information to companies outside of Inspired Occasions, and we only share your personal information within Inspired Occasions as necessary.
We may, from time to time, contact you by post, e-mail or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services. If you no longer wish to receive these or other correspondences, please let us know. The simplest way to do this is to send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. How We Protect Your Information
The internet is not a secure medium, but we have put in place various security procedures to protect your data. We take the security and privacy of our customers’ personal information extremely seriously and we have strict internal procedures which cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
5. You and Your Information
You have certain rights in respect of the management of the personal data we hold about you. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us. The easiest way to get in touch is likely to be by emailing us at email@example.com
The Right of Access
You are entitled receive confirmation as to whether your personal information is being processed by us, as well as various other information relating to our use of your personal information.
You also have the right to access your personal information which we are handling.
The Right of Rectification
You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal information we hold about you completed, by providing a supplementary statement to us.
The Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive the personal information we hold about you in a structured, standard machine-readable format and to send this to another organisation controlling your personal information.
The Right of Erasure
You have the right to require us to erase your personal information which we are handling in the following circumstances:
- we no longer need to use your personal information for the reasons we told you we collected it for;
- where we needed your consent to use your personal information and you have withdrawn your consent.
- You object to our use of your personal information and we have no compelling reason to carry on handling your personal information
- Our handling of your personal information has broken the law
- We must erase your personal information to comply with a law we are subject to.
6. Your Right to Object
You have the right to object to us handling your personal information when we are handling your personal information based on our legitimate interests (as described in section 3 above). If you ask us to stop handling your personal information in this way, we will stop unless we can show you that we have compelling grounds as to why our use of your personal information should continue
7. Data Retention
Where you have contracted with us for our services, we will retain your data as long as is required to comply with our regulatory and statutory obligations to ensure that we are able to assist you should you have any questions, feedback or issues in connection with any services we have provided to you.
Where we have processed your data for any other reason (such as where you have contacted us with an initial enquiry) we will retain your data for up to 12 months.
8. Change to Policy